Coconut sannas recipe is a very easy and quick make dish.
Sannas is similar to the idli we made, it consists of toddy, some sugar and etc.
Toddy is plant base drink and may also make it at home, very easily. Let see how i made it.
Sannas are spongy steamed savoury rice cakes. They are popular in Goa and Mangalore in Karnataka, India, especially among the Goans, both Hindus and Catholics, the Konkani diaspora of Karnataka.
- prep time- 10 mins
- Ready time- 15 mins
- 1cup rice/chawal
- 1 large coconut grated/nariyal
- 500 ml toddy
- Salt to taste/namak
- 1tbsp sugar/shkkar
HOW TO MAKE
- Wash and soak the rice overnight and drain and grind the rice finely with toddy.
- Now add grated coconut and make a thick batter (batter should not be like paste or not like water) and add sugar, cover and keep in a warm place for about 3 hours or until the batter ferments.
- Now add salt to the batter and mix and pour the batter into round moulds or idli moulds and steam for 15 minutes.
- Now your sannas is ready and serve it hot with chutney or any any curry you like.