Pav bhaji is very popular street food in India. It is mainly originated in Maharashtra. But very popular in Mumbai.
It is a perfect Indian snack originated in Indian cuisine. pav bhaji has very special demand on streets of Mumbai.
Kids as well as elder love this comfort food, and it has lots of butter in it and served with fresh bread loaf.
Any one can cook this pav bhaji as it is very simple to cook, bachelor’s can also cook this very easily.
Lets check out how i made it.
For boiling vegetables
2 cups of water
1/2 kg cauliflower chopped/ ful gobi
1/2 kg potato chopped/ aloo
1/4 cup green peas/ hare mattar
1 tsp salt
For pav bhaji masala
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 big onion chopped/ kanda
- 4 big tomato chopped/ tamatar
- 1 tbsp or more salt (salt as needed)/ namak
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 1/2 tbsp red chilly powder
- 2 tbsp pav bhaji masala
- 2 tbsp butter to put in pav bhaji and more for roast pav (buns)
- 1 loaf of bread / pav
- 2 tbsp coriander
1 lemon chopped/ nimbu
1 big onion chopped/ kanda
1/2 up coriander chopped/ hara dhaniya
- First in a pressure cooker and water and add cauliflower, salt potato and green peas and close the lead and cook till four whistle on full or medium flame.
- Till the time vegetables are boiling we will make our pav bhaji masala. lets check how i made it.
- In a deep non stick pan or any other pan add add oil and heat it nicely.
- After this add chopped onion and roast it till light brown and add chopped tomato’s to it and mix it and add salt to it so tomato will become mash fast and cook fast. cook for 3 to 4 min.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and turmeric powder, red chilly powder, pav bhaji masala, mix and with the help of masher mash tomatoes well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add boiled vegetables with its water which we have boiled early in pressure cooker and mix well in all spices and mash it with the help of masher and cook for 4 min and add 2 tbsp of butter to it and and mix and add coriander and cook for 2 minutes more and switch off the flame and your bhaji is ready.
- Heat the pan and add butter to it and roast the pav/ bun from both the sides and keep it aside.
- In a serving dish keep pav/bread/bun and in bowl pour some bhaji and garnish it some lemon, onion and coriander and your pav bhaji is ready. enjoy and have a great day…..!