Mooli paratha is very delicious recipe, the radish is fried with some special spice’s and then stuffed in whole wheat dough.
In punjab paraths is very famous dish and mostly eaten during the winter season.
kids and elders loves this special radish paratha, it is served with butter or ghee and also with fresh curd.
This dish is super easy to make, lets check out how i made this super yummy treat.
FOR GREEN CHILLY PASTE (THESA)
- 30 small green chilly/ hari mirch
- 10 garlic cloves/ lehsun
- 1 tsp salt/ namak
- handful of coriander/ hara dhaniya as needed
- blend all the above ingredients and make chilly paste. (or as per your taste)
FOR RADISH MIXTURE (MOOLI KA MIXTURE)
- 1/4 cup of oil/ tel
- 1 tsp cumin seeds/ jeera
- chilly paste as we made before/ thesa
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder/ haldi
- 6 big or medium size of radish grated and squeeze its all water. / ( kisi hui mooli aur usska pani nikalde hath se)
- 1 tbsp salt/ namak
- 2 tbsp coriander chopped/ hara dhaniya
- 1/2 kg whole wheat dough or as you want (bhiga hua atta)
- oil as needed to roast paratha (tel parathe k liye)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (sukha atta)
- 1/2 cup of curd to serve
- In a mixer add all green chilly paste ingredients and blend it well and your chilly paste is ready, after blending transfer chilly paste to another bowl.
- Now for radish mixture add oil to deep pan and heat it nicely and add cumin seeds and let it crack it.
- Add green chilly paste and saute for 1 minute and add 1/2 turmeric powder and mix it, add grated radish into the pan and mix it well (make sure you should remove the water of radish/mooli after grating it with the help of your hands or may use cheese cloth)
- After this add sath into the mixture and cook for at least for 5 minutes and sprinkle some fresh coriander and mix and and switch off the flame and cool completely.
- Take a whole wheat dough and make ball out of it and sprinkle some wheat flour and flat it to small circle with the help of roller.
- On the top of the flat dough keep some radish mixture and cover it with dough from every side and make it flat again by sprinkle some flour as it avoids sticking to roller.
- After making it flat heat the 1 tbsp of oil on the pan and roast it form both the sides using small amount of oil.
- Your paratha is ready serve it curd and enjoy.