For The Tomato Salsa
1 finely chopped tomatoes (kate tamatar)
1/4 cup finely chopped spring onions whites (pyaj)
1/4 cup finely chopped spring onion greens (hari payaj)
2 tbsp finely chopped capsicum (shimla mirch)
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander ( hara dhania)
1/2 tsp finely chopped green chillies (hari mirch)
1/2 tsp cumin powder (jeera powder)
1/4 tsp dried oregano
salt to taste
For The Stuffing
2 tsp oil
1/2 cup chopped onions (pyaj)
2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1/2 cup chopped capsicum (shimla mirch)
1 green chilli finely chopped (hari mirch)
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes (tamatar)
1 cup chopped and boiled mixed vegetables (mix sabjiya ubli hui)
2 tbsp mashed low fat paneer (cottage cheese)
salt and to taste
8 whole wheat tortillas or chapati
1/2 cup finely chopped cabbage (patta gobi)
1/2 cup finely spring onion greens (hari pyaj)
8 tsp grated mozzarella cheese or mayonnaise (gada dahi ya cheese)
How to make tomato salsa.
1.Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and mash lightly with the back of a spoon and keep refrigerated for 20 minutes.
For the stuffing stuffing.
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the onions, garlic and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes till the onions turn translucent and stir it in between.
2. Now add the green chillies, tomatoes, mixed vegetables, paneer, salt and pepper and mix all them well and cook until soft.
3. After this divide the mixture into 7 or 8 equal portions and keep aside.
How to make burrito
1. Take tortilla on flat surface and put the 1 portion of divided stuffing on one end of the tortilla.
2. Spread 2 tbsp of the tomato salsa evenly all over the stuffing and top it with 1 tbsp of cabbage, 1 tbsp of spring onion greens and 1 tsp of cheese.
3. Start rolling up your tortilla tightly, starting from the end where the stuffing is placed on tortilla.
4. Repeat this process for all th remaining with the remaining tortilla and make more burritos.
5. Serve this easy healthy diabatic recipe, mexican burrito immediately with tomato salsa or mayonnaise.
As this recipe is recommended for the diabetic patient, but it should not be consumed on daily bases, it should be taken sometimes in a month, as it is a joy full treat for patient.