Indian tasty shalgam ki sabzi is easy very recipe,in this turnip is cooked in simple everyday spice’s and flavors.
Shalgam is very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin B6, Calcium, Phosphorus and Manganese, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C and Potassium.
- prep time 10 mins
- ready time 30 mins
- 1 cup turnips – peeled chopped and washed/shalgam
- 1 big onion chopped/pyaj
- 2 small tomatoes chopped/tamater
- 1 tsp garlic and ginger paste/adrak lehsun paste
- 3 green chillies chopped/hari mirch
- 1 tsp cumin powder/jeera powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder/dhaniya powder
- 1 tsp sugar/shakkar (optional)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- 3 tbsp oil/tel
- salt add to taste/namak
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves/ hara dhaniya
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the chopped green chilies, ginger and garlic paste and fry till light brown.
- Now add the chopped onions and saute on medium heat for 5 minutes or till the onions are brown in color.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, cumin powder and dhaniya powder and garam masala powder and fry on medium heat.
- Now low the heat till the oil leaves the sides of the cooker and add the chopped turnips and mix them well and fry for 2 minutes and add the water and stir well.
- After this close the cooker and bring to pressure on high heat. Now, low the heat and cook on low flame for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now open the cooker after all the steam has removed and add the sugar and very lightly mash the cooked turnips(shalgam).
- Now Keep on the medium flame for a 4 minutes to dry out excess water if you want.
- Now your tasty shalgam/turnip sabzi dish is ready to serve.
- Garnish your dish with fresh coriander leaves and eat hot with roti and rice.