Gajar ka halwa is very Delicious treat originated in Indian cuisine.
Gajar ka halwa is specially made in winter season, it has ghee (clarified butter) which is very healthy for us, and also have goodness of gajar (carrot) with some sweetness. carrot also contains vitamin A and also some amount of vitamin C, D, E and K. carrot is also good for diabetes.
2 tbsp = 1 tbsp of ghee (clarified butter)
1/2 kg grated carrot/ kisi hui gajar
2 to 3 tbsp of chopped dryfruits
2 pinch of cardamom powder (ilaichi)
200 grms or half tin of condensed milk (gadha dudh)
1/4 cup of regular milk (milk)
1. In pressure cooker add 2 tbsp of ghee (clarified butter), after melting add 1/2 kg grated carrot and mix it well.
2. Now add milk to it and mix well and close the lid, take 1 whistle, so carrot will become soft.
3. After 1 whistle open the lid and check the that carrot has become soft.
4. Add condensed milk to it and mix well till the condensed milk become dry, make sure you should continuosly stir the carrot mixture to Avoid the burning, it will take approx 15 minutes.
5. When it become dry add 1 tbsp of ghee to it and cardamom powder, some dry fruits and mix it well and cook for 1 to 2 minute. 6. Your delicious gajar ka halwa is ready / carrot halwa serve it hot.
NOTE = 1. For diabetes patient use sugar free condensed milk. 2. If you want more sweetness, you may add more condensed milk or sugar (sugar free sugar)