- 2 cups Black Gram Lentils, Split and skinned – Urad Dal
- 2 cups rice
- 1 cup Chickpeas, split –Chana Dal
- 1 cup Lentils, yellow petite – Mung Dal
- 10 chopped green chillis
- 2 tsp chopped ginger
- 12 curry leaves (Kadi patta)
- Salt to taste stvu
- 2 tbsp Jeera powder
- Oil to fry
Direction for crispy vada:
- Soak all dal for 4-5 hours.
Drain and grind dal with 1-4 tbsp. of water at a low speed for 45 seconds.
- Stir the mixture in between grinding the paste.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- To make the vadas. Make sure you have wet hands.
- Take a spoonful of the mixture. Shape into rounds and make a hole in the centre.
- Slip from the side of the pot into hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Serve with coconut chutney.
- 1 cup fresh or desiccated coconut
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- Roasted 1 to 2 green chili
- Roasted 3 garlic cloves
- Roasted 2 tbsp. Peanut (moongfalli/ shengdana)
- Salt to taste
- ½ jeera (cumin seeds)
- ½ rai (mustard seeds)
- Pinch of hing (asafetida)
- Green chilli 3 to 4
- 1 tbsp oil
- Curry leaves (kadi patta) 5 to 6
- Coconut, peanut, garlic, salt, green chilli,mint grind together with the help of water and make a paste of it.
- Meanwhile, in a pan add oil jeera, rai, when it gets popped add kadi patta, hing, curry leaves and green chilli.
- Now in this temparing add chutni paste and add little water and take a boil and serve it with vada.